THICKER THAN BLOOD
C. J. Darlington
Tyndale House Publishers
About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
Christy Williams finally has her life on track. She’s putting her past behind her and working hard to build a career as an antiquarian book buyer. But things begin to unravel when a stolen Hemingway first edition is found in her possession, framing her for a crime she didn’t commit. With no one to turn to, she yearns for her estranged younger sister, May, whom she abandoned after their parents’ untimely deaths. Soon, Christy’s fleeing from her shattered dreams, her ex-boyfriend, and God. Could May’s Triple Cross Ranch be the safe haven she’s searching for? Will the sisters realize that each possesses what the other desperately needs before it’s too late? A stunning debut from the latest Christian Writers Guild winner.
Back to top.
1. Aunt Edna counsels May that God could be bringing Christy to her thoughts for a reason. Do you believe God often leads us through prompts like this? Where during the story do you see God prompting May?
2. How would you describe Christy and Hunter’s relationship? Are they just friends or something more? Do you think their relationship will change after the events of the story? In what way?
3. What antiquarian book fact surprised you the most? Have you read any of the books Christy found in Aunt Edna’s library?
4. What was your first impression of Vince? When did it change? Are there negative influences in your life that you need to leave behind?
5. Why do you think Christy goes to the funeral only to run away from it early? What is she running from and why?
6. Who was your favorite character in the story? Which one did you most relate to?
7. Talk about the relationship between Christy and Jim. How would you describe it? Why do you think he pushes Christy’s buttons, and why does she respond the way she does?
8. Even though May says she forgave her sister years ago, do you think she really did? Why or why not? What causes May to change the way she thinks about Christy?
9. What is your favorite scene in the book? What makes that scene stand out for you?
10. Why do you think Christy has trouble believing God could love her? How did her perceptions about God change throughout the story? How have your ideas about God changed over time?
11. Which character do you think impacted Christy most for the Lord? What people in your life encourage you to grow closer to God?
12. What do you see as the theme of this novel? How does the title THICKER THAN BLOOD play out in the story?
13. How do you think May will react to Christy’s final gesture toward her? What would that scene look like?
© Copyright 2017 by C. J. Darlington. Reprinted with permission by Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.