PURSUIT OF JUSTICE
Call of Duty, Book 3
Tyndale House Publishers, Inc
About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
Special Agent Bella Jordan is assigned to investigate a series of murders in West Texas that are linked to the Spider Rock Treasure. Since she spent the first 15 years of her life in this area, FBI authorities believe she can get the job done. What they don’t know is that one of their prime suspects --- a man who’s been on their wanted list for years --- is deeply connected to Bella’s past.
The other prime suspect is Carr Sullivan, the man who owns the ranch where the murders occurred. Carr was once one of the wealthiest businessmen in Dallas and has a shady past a mile long. But it appears he’s turned his life around. Can Bella trust him, or is he just trying to cover his tracks?
As Bella probes deeper into the case, threats on her own life convince her the killer is someone she knows. But it soon becomes clear he’s not working alone, and she’ll need to face the past she’s tried so desperately to forget in order to solve the case and prevent more murders.
Back to top.
1. Have you ever hunted for treasure? What are some of the moral implications of treasure hunting?
2. Carr discovered that following Christ didn’t make him immune to tragedy or crisis. Do you think that’s fair? Why or why not?
3. Why did Bella throw all of her energies into her work and ignore personal relationships? How valid were her reasons for doing that?
4. Have you ever been interested in investigative work? How might the accepted means of obtaining information conflict with a Christian’s commitment to truth and honesty? In what ways could investigative work fulfill a Christian’s mission?
5. How well do you read body language? Do you find it helpful or threatening that others may be able to discern your thoughts and motives by observing your nonverbal communication? Why?
6. Bella treasured her aunt Debbie. What did she offer that Bella desperately needed? Is there someone in your life who meets a similar need for you? Have you ever filled this role in someone else’s life?
7. Bella battled with wanting to be a part of her siblings’ lives, but she feared confrontation with her father. If you were her best friend, what would you have suggested?
8. Brandt was a hardened man, motivated by greed. Why is it that some become better people when they face adversity, while others sink into evil?
9. Bella and Carr realized they were attracted to each other, but so many problems stood in their way. What did Carr and Bella have to give up in order to be together? Would any of the obstacles they faced have stopped you from following your heart?
10. Where is your treasure? Is that where you want your heart to be? If not, what changes will you try to make in the coming year?
© Copyright 2017 by DiAnn Mills. Reprinted with permission by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.