SWORN TO PROTECT
Call of Duty Series, Book 2
Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
About the Book
Read an Excerpt
Watch a Video
About the Book
Border Patrol Agent Danika Morales has sworn to protect the southern borders of our nation, but that oath has cost her. Two years ago, her husband, Toby, was killed trying to help the very immigrants Danika was responsible for sending back to Mexico. His murder was never solved. But now, a recent string of attacks and arrests leads her to believe that someone in McAllen is profiting from sneaking undocumented immigrants into the country…and it may somehow be tied to Toby’s death.
Back to top.
1. Have you ever considered taking a job that might put you or your family in danger?
2. How far would you go to protect a family member?
3. Grief is often a formidable monster. How well does Danika handle the second anniversary of her husband’s death? How do you handle reminders of loss or grief in your life?
4. Jacob is bitter about his brother’s death, and it affects his relationship with his family. How might you react in a similar situation?
5. If you were Danika’s friend, would you encourage her to seek out a relationship with Alex? Why or why not?
6. Should Alex have told Danika from the beginning about his friendship with Toby? How might his doing so have changed the trajectory of their relationship?
7. Alex has his own personal views about undocumented immigrants. How are they different from Danika’s?
8. It’s been said that desperate people do desperate things. What particular desperation motivates Sandra? Lucy? Jose?
9. How do you feel about Sandra’s deceit? Was she justified in what she did?
10. Jacob made a renewed commitment to God and his family. Do you think he will be able to keep his word? Why or why not?
11. At the end of the story, Danika and Alex pledge their love to each other. What have they learned from past relationships? Where does their faith in Christ fit?
12. Before reading this novel, what was your opinion of the Border Patrol and the immigration debate? Has it changed, and if so, in what ways? Do you have any ideas for a solution to the situation with our borders?
© Copyright 2017 by DiAnn Mills. Reprinted with permission by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.