OUT OF HER HANDS
Tyndale House Publishers
About the Book
Read a Review
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
In this second novel by Megan DiMaria, Linda Revere is back and continuing to struggle with the turmoil of contemporary life. Linda has been praying for her children's future spouses since they were very small. Confident that her prayers will be answered, Linda is not prepared for the young woman her son brings home. But Linda soon learns that while everything she once controlled is out of her hands, God is still in control. Megan uses her trademark humor while dealing with issues to which her readers will relate.
Back to top.
1. What specific theme came across in Out of Her Hands for you? What do you think the author was trying to get across to the reader?
2. Did the characters seem real and believable to you? Can you relate to any of the predicaments or situations?
3. Did Linda react in a typical way to news that her son's choice of girlfriend was not someone who shared her worldview?
4. In what ways do the events in the book reveal evidence of the author's worldview?
5. How did the book affect you? Did it expand your range of experience or challenge your assumptions?
6. Did reading Out of Her Hands help you understand a person better --- perhaps a friend or relative, or even yourself?
7. Linda was thrown off balance by the kind of girl her son fell in love with. What should/could Linda have done differently to create a relationship with Amber?
8. Do you think Linda changed or evolved through the challenges she faced with the new women in her family’s life?
9. Do you think Linda honored Theresa’s memory by the way she behaved?
10. If you could insert yourself as a character in the book, what role would you like to play?
11. After reading the book, do you have a more tolerant view of the choices people make?
© Copyright 2017 by Megan DiMaria. Reprinted with permission by Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.