MONDAY NIGHT JIHAD
Jason Elam and Steve Yohn
Tyndale House Publishers
About the Book
Read a Review
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
After a tour of duty in Afghanistan, Riley Covington is living his dream as a professional linebacker when he comes face-to-face with a radical terrorist group on his own home turf. Drawn into the nightmare around him, Riley returns to his former life as a member of a special ops team that crosses oceans in an attempt to stop the escalating attacks. But time is running out, and it soon becomes apparent that the terrorists are on the verge of achieving their goal: to strike at the very heart of America.
Back to top.
1. Many football players are held up as heroes and role models. What makes a person a true hero?
2. History shows that not long after retirement, many professional football players find themselves bankrupt. Why do you think this is?
3. Scott Ross’s life was changed by one man’s attention to his life. What is the power behind this sort of mentoring relationship?
4. When it comes to torturing a suspect to save thousands of lives, do the ends justify the means? What line would you draw as to how much is too much?
5. What do you feel would be the cultural ramifications of a terrorist attack at a football stadium?
6. At one point, Riley’s emotions towards God got the better of him. Is it wrong to get angry with God?
7. The actions of terrorists are designed to cause widespread panic within a society. What is it about fear that makes it such a powerful force?
8. Khadi Faroughi and Hakeem Qasim have two very different views of Islam’s teachings. What factors can cause such divergent opinions as to the practical outworkings of a single religious philosophy?
9. Are suicide bombers evil or are they simply deceived into a tragic action? What should our attitudes be toward them?
10. What is the one biggest difference between a life lived for true Christianity and a life lived for radical Islam?
© Copyright 2017 by Jason Elam and Steve Yohn. Reprinted with permission by Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.