NOTHING BUT TROUBLE
PJ Sugar Series #1
Susan May Warren
Tyndale House Publishers
About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
It's not fair to say that trouble happens every time PJ Sugar is around, but it feels that way when she returns to her home town, looking for a fresh start. Within a week, her former teacher is murdered and her best friend's husband is arrested as the number-one suspect. Although the police detective investigating the murder --- who also happens to be PJ's former flame --- is convinced it's an open-and-shut case, PJ's not so sure. She begins digging for clues in an effort to clear her friend’s husband and ends up reigniting old passions, uncovering an international conspiracy, and solving a murder along the way. She also discovers that maybe God can use a woman who never seems to get it right.
Back to top.
1. PJ begins the book on the night all her dreams are dashed. Have you ever been in a place where you thought something was working out and it was completely the opposite? What did you do about it?
2. PJ has an old boyfriend back in Kellogg that she can’t forget. Why do you think he has such a tie to her heart? Have you ever run into an old flame? How did it make you feel?
3. PJ doesn’t want to go home because she’s ashamed of something that happened in the past. What was it, and what are her deeper reasons for not wanting to return? Do you have anything in your past holding you back from returning home?
4. PJ returns on the day of her sister’s wedding. Why is that particularly difficult for her? What would you have done in her shoes?
5. Why do you think PJ’s relationship with her mother is so strained? What does PJ learn about her mother that changes her opinion of her and their relationship?
6. PJ feels like she’s a terrible friend for leaving Trudi in a difficult situation ten years ago. Have you ever felt this way? What have you done to try to make up for it?
7. Connie, PJ’s sister, has Russian in-laws. Did you find them endearing or annoying? Have you ever traveled to another culture, and how do you think you’d do with foreign in-laws?
8. Why is Davy so antagonist toward PJ, and why do you think she bonds with him? In what ways does she see herself in Davy? Have you ever dealt with a difficult child, and what did you do?
9. When you first met Jeremy, did you trust him? Why or why not?
10. PJ is torn between two men. Which one do you think is the best for her and why?
11. What spiritual lesson does PJ learn by returning to Kellogg and sleuthing out Ernie’s murder?
12. Do you think PJ will make a good P.I.? Why or why not?
© Copyright 2017 by Susan May Warren. Reprinted with permission by Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.