Sunrise Series-Baxter 3, Book 4
Tyndale House Publishers
About the Book
About the Book
As John Baxter makes plans to marry Elaine, one of the Baxters enters into the most trying season of all. During a time of renewed love and hope for the future, the Baxters try to come together to establish the sacred ground of marriage and to chart a course for the future. Memories of times gone by meet with the changes of today in a story that proves only the support of faith and family can take a person into the sunset years of life.
Back to top.
1. What does a sunset represent to you? Tell about a time when you stayed outdoors and watched a sunset from beginning to end.
2. What area in your life do you most hope will have a brilliant ending? What steps would you need to take to do what you can to make sure that ending happens someday?
3. Describe the relationship between Landon’s grandparents Andrew and Effie Westra. What do you think goes into having a long-lasting, beautiful love like theirs?
4. Landon desired to be like his grandfather. What character traits did Landon have that his grandfather also had?
5. Time and again with the Baxter family, love is shown to succeed despite trials. How can you love the people in your life better based on the lessons you saw acted out among the Baxters?
6. Were you surprised at Ashley’s ultrasound results? Tell about a time when you thought you had all the answers, but God gave you a surprise instead.
7. What do you think God was trying to teach Ashley in SUNSET? What has He tried to teach you with the unexpected events of your life?
8. Describe how Katy and Dayne felt, their Hollywood days behind them, as they set out to serve Bloomington with CKT. What can you do to help kids find uplifting, faith-building activities in your community?
9. Talk about John Baxter’s feelings when he watched his granddaughter Hayley ride her bike for the first time. Tell about a time when you were deeply touched by God’s faithfulness.
10. Luke and Reagan have struggled in their marriage for some time, but in SUNSET, Luke received advice from John and Ashley that he hadn’t considered before. What was that advice? Talk about the power of asking someone for forgiveness and how that differs from an apology.
11. Do you need to ask someone for forgiveness? Describe the situation and why asking for forgiveness might be difficult. Or tell about a time when you did ask someone for forgiveness. What was the outcome?
12. Did you have any idea that the painting Ashley was working on represented her and Elaine? What was the significance of this gift?
13. Tell about a time when you gave a significant gift, one that fostered friendship. What were the results?
14. Throughout the Baxter Family Drama books, Landon was always seeking to surprise Ashley. In what ways do you try to incorporate thoughtful gifts and surprises into your relationships—especially your relationship with your spouse and children, your family, or your friends?
15. What were your thoughts about John and Elaine’s wedding? Has anyone in your family remarried after the death of a spouse? What were the emotions you and the rest of the family went through?
16. What are your favorite moments from the Baxter Family Drama books?
17. Who were your favorite characters in this series? Talk about why they were your favorite.
18. Did you gain a better knowledge of God while reading the Baxter Family Drama books? In what way?
19. How have the stories in this series personally affected you? How have they touched or changed your life? How have they benefited the way you interact with the people you love?
20. What will you take away from your time with the Baxter family? In your opinion, what were the greatest lessons?
© Copyright 2017 by Karen Kingsbury. Reprinted with permission by Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.