About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
New job. New townhouse. New car. The perfect new life…Right?
Jeena Gregory thought she’d made it. She has everything a woman could ask for and a budding career promises more. But when rumors around town cast her boss in a shady light, Jeena starts to question her employer’s integrity. Was she wrong to trust this man and this job?
When the boss disappears, salaries go unpaid, and Jeena witnesses several hush-hush phone calls, she realizes her carefully crafted world is crumbling. Shaken to the core at the threat of losing everything, Jenna is suddenly confronted with her prejudices --- and with a God she had long forgotten.
Back to top.
1. Before life starts unraveling for Jeena, how would she have described herself? Does her view of herself align with her words and actions?
2. Jeena’s love for her grandmother seems to be the only thing that takes priority over her drive to be successful. Why do you think this relationship is special for Jeena?
3. Memories from Jeena’s past haunt her night and day, and color how she looks at Christianity. How do our life experiences influence our view of God?
4. Jeena decided to donate clothing to the shelter but felt a strong sense of revulsion while there. Why? Have you ever had similar feelings when a homeless man or woman approached you on the street?
5. When Grammie dies, Jeena’s world is shaken more deeply than ever before. She feels adrift and alone, and believes God has abandoned her. Have you ever been shaken in a similar way? What helped you through the difficult time?
6. Hints of trouble at work make Jeena suspicious something is wrong, but she’s hesitant to dig too deep. Do you agree with Jeena that it’s not her business to judge others for what they are doing? If you were in Jeena’s shoes, what would you have done?
7. Jeena hates the thought that her friends or co-workers might discover she’s destitute and in need. What keeps Jeena from asking for help?
8. Time at the shelter begins to turn Jeena’s attitude toward homeless people from judgmental to accepting, but it doesn’t happen overnight. What are some important steps Jeena takes to adjust her mindset?
9. Grammie’s gifts to Jeena and the inheritance from Jeena’s mother give her a new start. Do you think she will slip back into the habits of her old life, or is she a changed person?
10. Jeena wants to run from her old friend Susanne rather than take the chance of being rejected by her again. Is Jeena’s hesitation and fear normal? Is it healthy?
© Copyright 2017 by Miralee Ferrell. Reprinted with permission by Kregel Publications. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.