About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
Where do you run when you know you cannot hide?
Andie Ryborg has nowhere else to go. Her father’s campaign for governor and his aggressive war on drugs has chased her from their family home. Drawn to Miami’s exotic Coconut Grove, Andie hopes to find a quiet refuge where she can discover herself apart from the public eye. But even in that seclusion, even with an officer assigned to protect her, Andie’s privacy has been violated. Someone is watching…
Evan Markham’s entire life has been a tug-of-war between what is and what could be. He is drawn to a life that is beyond his reach and emotions have clouded his judgment. Evan knows that earning someone’s trust isn’t easy, especially when he plans to break it. But in the secret corridors of the criminal underworld, he knows what must be done, and he is determined to see it through. Whatever the cost…
When enemies close in, a sudden turn of events leaves them both questioning. Where is God in all of this? Who is this enigmatic stranger who offers to help? They both know their lives are in danger. But what about their hearts?
Back to top.
1. What is more frightening? The known or unknown? The seen or unseen? Why?
2. Do you think evil has dominion over good, as Andie thought? Do you believe one is necessary to define the other?
3. Can a person be both good and evil? Who in the story exhibited both? Which trait ruled that character?
4. What moment in the story revealed the true heart of each character? Andie. Evan. Tony. Leo. Thea. Vic.
5. At what point, if any, did you suspect Thea was Tony’s mother? That Evan was Leo’s son? That Vic was an FBI agent? Which was the biggest surprise to you? How do you think the author crafted that surprise?
6. Was Thea wrong to hide herself from her son for so many years? Given her situation, what would you have done? Do you think removing herself so completely from her son’s life was hardest on her or him? Why?
© Copyright 2017 by Sue Duffy. Reprinted with permission by Kregel Publications. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.