HAZARDOUS DUTY: Squeaky Clean Mysteries, No. 1
About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
Buying a gun to kill your wife: $3,000
Hiring Trauma Care to clean afterward: $1,500
Having that same cleaner uncover evidence that frames you: priceless
On her way to completing a degree in forensic science, Gabby St. Claire dropped out of school and started her own crime scene cleaning business. But when a routine cleaning job leads her to a murder weapon the police overlooked, she realizes that the wrong person is in jail. And the owner of the weapon --- the real guilty party --- is willing to do anything to keep Gabby quiet.
Back to top.
1. What part did the setting play in Hazardous Duty? How would the story have been different if it took place somewhere else?
2. How has Gabby's upbringing shaped her life today?
3. Which of Gabby's friends would you most like to have dinner with? Why? What qualities do you appreciate in your own friends and why?
4. Music has a huge impact on Gabby. Musicals have often been her escape, her way of holding on to the hope that there's a happy ever after. How has music affected your life? If you had to pick a song to characterize your life so far, what would it be and why?
5. Do you think there's a balance to be found between science and Christianity? Can they go hand in hand? How can you argue with someone who says that science and Christianity don't agree?
6. How do you think non-Christians perceive you as a Christian? How much should we let this effect the way we live? Are you conscious of the way your actions and words are perceived by those without faith?
7. How does Gabby change throughout the book? What events trigger that change?
8. One of the lessons that Gabby learns in the book is that "life isn't God." Have you ever had a time in life where your view of life has skewed your view of God? Is it hard for you to separate the two?
© Copyright 2017 by Christy Barritt. Reprinted with permission by Kregel Publications. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.