James David Jordan
About the Book
About the Book
What would it take for you to renounce your faith in Christ? Author James David Jordan confronts readers with this challenging question in his new book, FORSAKEN. A unique love story wrapped in an action thriller, FORSAKEN is the first of a two-book series featuring Taylor Pasbury, a beautiful but troubled former Secret Service agent hired by the world’s most famous televangelist after he receives terrorist threats.
Back to top.
1. In FORSAKEN, Simon Mason is presented with what seems an impossible choice. Why do you think the author chose this dilemma as the central topic for this book?
2. Taylor Pasbury is the author’s favorite character because she is so flawed. Do we learn more about our own faith from reading about flawed characters? If so, why?
3. Why do you think the author chose a televangelist as a protagonist in this story? What makes Simon different from the stereotypical televangelist?
4. Matthew 10:37 says, “He who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.” How literally should Christians take that message? Have you, or anyone you know, ever paid a price for faith? If so, how?
5. What would you do if you found yourself in Simon’s situation? What do you think it would be like to make that choice?
6. Grace is a gift, and we can’t earn it. So that raises the question of why there have been so many martyrs. What motivates a person to die for faith? Would the Apostle Peter have been as motivated to die for his faith if he did not suffer from the guilt of denying Jesus three times? Would Paul have been as motivated to suffer for his faith if he was not wracked with guilt over his persecution of Christians before his conversion?
7. The characters in FORSAKEN are not religious superheroes. Simon is an adulterer, and Taylor does not even consider herself a religious person. Why do you think the author chose to use characters whose past actions are so readily assailable?
© Copyright 2017 by James David Jordan. Reprinted with permission by B&H Fiction. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.