Six months pregnant, unmarried, broke, and alone, Megan Smith doesn't think things can get much worse --- and then they do. Stuck on the road without shelter when a tornado appears, Megan barely escapes with her life. And when Will Callahan comes upon her in the road, her life will never be the same. While staying at the Callahan family ranch, she finds herself daring to love again, even while she suspects that Will's affection for her can't be anything but pity. But when she realizes that the townspeople think she's just a gold digger, she can't bear to stay. Can Will convince her that her past doesn't mean a thing when it comes to love?
Filled with the easy charm and warmth of Texas, MEGAN'S HERO will have readers believing in the power of love and forgiveness.
1. Megan wasn't sure God was real, but she cried out to him in desperation to save her from the tornado. Because he saved her from the storm, she believed in him. How did you come to believe in God and Jesus? Was it a slow, gentle process or an act of desperation?
2. The Callahans were willing to take a complete stranger into their home and help her. Is that a wise thing to do?
3. Megan left home when she was sixteen. Would you consider her a runaway? Or did she do the right thing given her family situation?
4. When Will sees a problem, he tries to fix it. He also has a protector-type personality. Megan called him "bossy." Was she right in her assessment? Or did she react that way because she was so independent?
5. Kim confronted Megan that first Sunday in church and caused a scene. If something like that happened at your church, or even something more subtle, how would you handle it?
6. Will's attitude from the beginning was "care for the woman, care for her kid." Do you think most men would feel this way? Or would they have a problem accepting another man's baby as their own?
7. Most of the people at Grace Community Church accepted Megan, despite the fact that she was unmarried and pregnant. Do you think that is the prevalent attitude in churches today?
8. Megan was ashamed of her family and afraid of what the Callahans might think or do if they found out about them. Do you think most people have things in their past that they'd just as soon keep secret?
9. When Megan heard Josh and Riley were working together and had a territory, she automatically assumed the worst. That's probably a normal reaction, but is it the right one? How easy would it be to jump to that conclusion?
10. Megan loved to bake. How about you? Have you ever made a wedding cake or anything else so elaborate? Would you want to? Do you have a hobby that you might turn into a business?
11. Because Megan's morals were so different from her family's, Will believed that God had had his hand on her throughout her life. Do you think God will guide someone even when they don't believe in him? Do you think he draws us to him?
© Copyright 2011 by Sharon Gillenwater. Reprinted with permission by Revell. All rights reserved.