Backstage Pass, Book 1
About the Book
Read a Review
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
Kat Jennings and Scott Murphy don't just play two people who are secretly in love on a television sitcom --- they are also head over heels for each other in real life. When the lines between reality and TV land blur, they hope they can keep their relationship under wraps. But when Kat's grandmother, an aging Hollywood starlet with a penchant for wearing elaborate evening gowns from Golden Age movies, mistakes their on-screen wedding proposal for the real deal, things begin to spiral out of their control. Will their secret be front-page news in the tabloids tomorrow? And can their budding romance survive the onslaught of paparazzi, wedding preparations, and misinformed in-laws?
From the sound stage to a Beverly Hills mansion to the gleaming Pacific Ocean, STARS COLLIDE takes readers on a roller-coaster tour of Tinseltown, packing both comedic punch and tender emotion.
Back to top.
1. Kat lives with her aging grandmother Lenora, who struggles with memory issues. Have you ever cared for someone in Lenora’s condition? If so, how did you cope? Did humor play a role?
2. Lenora loves to quote old movies. If you could pick your favorite quote from any movie, what would it be? Why is it so important to you?
3. Lenora was once quite popular and famous, but now she feels like a has-been. What would you say to someone who feels her best days are behind her?
4. Scott’s parents live in Arkansas, a far cry from Hollywood. When they come for a visit, they are completely out of their element. How far from home would you have to travel before being out of your element? What might you do to feel more at home in that place?
5. Kat struggles with issues related to her absent father. What advice would you give a young woman whose father has abandoned her?
6. Sometimes the lines between fiction and reality blur in Kat’s life. Have you ever been through a season like that, where your life felt more like a television show than reality? How did you cope?
7. Rex and Lenora have a deep, dark secret from the past. How would you feel if you received news that your family situation wasn’t what you thought it was? What would you do?
8. Lenora’s last name is Worth, yet she struggles to find value in herself. Have you discovered that your worth comes from your relationship with the Lord? How has this helped you through the rough times?
9. Kat and Scott run into trouble when Grandma Lenora thinks they’re really engaged. What would you do in their situation?
10. Kat eventually has an opportunity to talk to her father. What would you say if you were in her shoes?
11. Lenora loves to dress in gowns worn by famous stars from old Hollywood. Why do you suppose she finds comfort in this? What do you turn to when you need comfort?
12. When things in her life get difficult, Kat imagines herself moving away to the Amazon. Where do you imagine running off to when things get tough in your life? Don’t you love the fact that the Lord encourages you to run into his arms?
13. Lenora keeps a trunk in her bedroom with all sorts of memorabilia from days gone by. If someone opened a trunk with memorabilia from your life, what would they find?
14. Kat and Lenora have vastly different views about the paparazzi. Lenora loves the attention; Kat’s not keen on it. How would you react if you found your personal stories blasted across the headlines of a gossip magazine?
© Copyright 2011 by Janice Thompson. Reprinted with permission by Revell. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.