SWINGING ON A STAR
Weddings by Bella, Book Two
About the Book
There’s a fine line between ambitious and crazy.
Bella’s just not sure where it is.
Bella Rossi’s life is nearing perfection. Not only does she have the perfect guy, but she’s also running a successful wedding-planning business and is about to plan its most ambitious wedding yet --- a Renaissance-themed fairy tale come true, complete with period costumes and foods, horse-drawn carriages, and even a castle. There’s only one hitch. The best man just happens to be Hollywood’s hottest and most eligible bachelor, and he’s showing an interest in Bella. Oh, and did we mention he’s staying at her house to avoid the paparazzi?
With all the pressure surrounding this wedding, Bella’s not sure she’s going to make it through. Add her starstruck sister and her feuding aunt and uncle, and you’ve got a recipe for disaster --- and a lot of laughs.
Back to top.
1. In this story, a famous movie star comes to stay at the Rossi home. What did you think about their welcoming response to him? Would you do the same if a famous and handsome star showed up at your doorstep?
2. One of the lessons that Bella learns is that some people who look like they have it all are really empty on the inside. What can we do, as believers, to help these people find the real answers they’re seeking?
3. Bella comes from a large, quirky family where food plays a huge role in their lives. Do any particular foods come to mind when you think of your family members? How do they play into your family dynamics?
4. Bella is planning a Renaissance-themed wedding and discovers the word renaissance means rebirth. She realizes the Lord is trying to teach her something. Have you ever been through a renaissance in your own life?
5. Bella and D.J.’s relationship is tested when Brock Benson shows up. Have you ever been through a testing season in a relationship (either a friendship or a romance)?
6. As this story progresses, Bella grows closer to the three “sequined sisters” from Splendora. Can you think of a time when the Lord brought new friends into your life who were radically different from you? What was the result?
7. A misunderstanding with a police officer lands Bella in a place she never expected. Has a misunderstanding ever interrupted your world in such a radical way?
8. Bubba steps out of his comfort zone by taking on a major role in The Marriage of Figaro. Think of a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How did the Lord use that experience to grow you into the person you now are?
9. Aunt Rosa and Uncle Laz have secretly loved each other for years. Have you ever carried a big secret for years? What happened when you finally revealed it?
10. Near the end of this story, a terrible storm hits at the most inopportune time. Have you ever been through a big storm (literal or spiritual) that caught you off guard? If so, how did you make it through?
© Copyright 2017 by Janice Thompson. Reprinted with permission by Revell. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.