PRAYER POWER: 30 Days to a Stronger Connection with God
About the Book
Read a Review
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
Your thirty-day journey to an incredible life of prayer.
In the crazy world around us, our prayers may too often seem ineffective. Do you want to connect with God when you pray and receive more direct answers? PRAYER POWER is the tool you need to build a more powerful and dynamic life of prayer.
Intensely practical and straightforward, PRAYER POWER helps you improve on thirty essential facets of prayer such as passion, routine, fasting, praying with others, listening to God, handling distractions, and spiritual warfare. In each brief chapter you’ll be inspired by stories of people whose lives of prayer give us powerful examples.
PRAYER POWER can be used as a month-long devotional, a prayer guide, or a reference for help in specific areas. Whether you’re a new believer or think you’ve heard it all, this book’s refreshing and honest insight will guide you to a deeper connection with God.
Back to top.
A Heart for God (Days 15)
1. Identify an issue in your life through which your hunger for God could grow. Admit one thing in your life that prevents you from being more intimate with God. Come up with ways that you can address this issue, then pray for God to increase your hunger for intimacy with him.
2. Make a list of answered prayers you have experienced. Apply a Scripture verse to a prayer need. Spend time with the answered prayers and the Scriptures you have chosen to encourage and strengthen your trust in God.
A Growing Heart (Days 610)
3. Describe a hardship in your life and seek God for how he might grow your character through it.
4. Estimate what proportions of your prayer time you spend in Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication. Pray together, pay specific attention to the first three areas, and practice them.
Internal Helps (Days 1115)
5. Sit quietly for five minutes and listen for what God might communicate to you. Read a chapter of the Bible --- slowly, with a mind willing to engage with any verse that jumps out at you. Share what you discover.
6. Identify one thing you have prayed about vaguely, and turn it into a specific request. Ask Gods leading regarding a prayer request and pray for that request as specifically as possible.
External Helps (Days 1620)
7. Where and when do you pray? Do you choose a special spot or special time that is just for you and God? How could you create a space that is a sanctuary for you --- a special place for prayer?
8. Do you struggle with distractions and interruptions when you pray? Discuss some strategies to focus your mind and heart and to avoid distractions or interruptions.
Winning the Battles (Days 2125)
9. Consider an unanswered prayer in your life. Think about and discuss how you might deal with unanswered prayer. Identify and discuss something you wrestle --- or could wrestle --- with God about.
10. Train yourself to pray for needs as you see them arise. Rehearse possible scenarios and how you will respond. Commit yourself to one prayer request for which you will never give up praying.
Moving Out (Days 2630)
11. Actively look for ways you can serve others --- and pray for them while you serve. Begin praying for people you already serve in work or volunteer situations.
12. Create a folder or notebook, something in which to stash notes on prayers God has answered. Review them together and be encouraged. Keep a prayer journal of thoughts, insights, and words from God you have while praying.
© Copyright 2017 by Peter Lundell. Reprinted with permission by Revell. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.