THIRD TIME’S A CHARM
Sister-to-Sister Series, Book Three
About the Book
About the Book
Can Tori balance career, family, love, and shopping?
Tori Sanderson has the professional opportunity of a lifetime. If she can prove she’s executive material, she’s in line for a big promotion. But there’s only room for one new account executive, and her co-worker has his eye on the job…and on Tori. How can she consider romance when she couldn’t hold on to the one man who was supposed to love her forever --- her own father?
The time has come for answers, and Tori decides to search for the father who deserted her 12 years ago. Will she find the answers she craves? And will she ever be able to love again?
Back to top.
1. At work,Tori is thrown into competition with a co-worker for a promotion. What’s the reason for pitting Tori and Mitch against each other? Does the strategy work?
2. Tori is attracted to Ryan physically, but she resists. Why is she so hesitant to enter into a relationship with him?
3. She is also attracted to Mitch. Do office romances ever work out? What happens to convince Tori that a relationship with Mitch is not desirable?
4. When faced with the choice between obeying her boss’s directive and alerting a client to a potential mistake, Tori struggles to know what to do. Did she make the right decision? Have you ever been placed in a similar situation?
5. Ryan allows himself to be guided by Joan and Allie in his romantic pursuit of Tori. What finally makes him stop listening to their advice? Were they right to feed him bits of information that would give him an edge in winning her affections?
6. Phil Osborne doesn’t talk about his faith at the office, but Tori notices a framed Bible verse on his desk. Why isn’t she surprised to discover that Phil is a Christian? Should Christians display their faith in a professional office environment?
7. Gordy’s approach to the lessons learned from the biblical account of Jesus washing His disciples’ feet is a bit unorthodox. Was it effective? Is it acceptable to teach deep biblical truths by relating them to popular trends, such as “Guitar Hero?”
8. When Tori searches for her father on the Internet, she’s surprised to discover how much personal information is available. Discuss some pros and cons of having this type of informational publically available at the click of a mouse.
9. Tori tells Joan she does not intend to marry, because she doesn’t want to risk a painful divorce like her parents. How deeply do our parents’ marital difficulties affect our own romantic relationships?
10. Tori’s dislike for Joan’s fiancé has ballooned over the course of the three books in the Sister-to-Sister series. What finally makes her see Ken in a new light?
11. Tori wrestles with a variety of emotions about her father’s desertion. Identify them, and discuss the impact those feelings have on her decisions as an adult.
12. Patricia Parker made a demand several years before the opening of THIRD TIME’S A CHARM that impacted the lives of all the Sanderson sisters. How did this demand affect each of Tom Sanderson’s daughters?
13. When the book opens, Tori places a lot of emphasis on designer clothes. How does her attitude toward shopping and clothes change, and why?
14. If you’ve read all three books in the Sister-to-Sister series, which sister did you relate to most closely --- Joan, Allie, or Tori?
© Copyright 2017 by Virginia Smith. Reprinted with permission by Revell. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.