A CUT ABOVE: Shop-Til-U-Drop, Book 3
About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
Falling in love was never so... stressful.
Despite her objections, Andie Adams is on her way to Colombia to broker a deal on some of the most fabulous emeralds in the world --- and she’s going alone. Maybe this time she can make the trip without any major drama.
But before Andie can even get close to the mines, everything turns Twilight Zone weird. The guide who is supposed to meet her at the airport doesn’t. Her high school Spanish goes AWOL. And her taxi driver treats her to a South American–style tour of Bogotá not for the faint of heart.
But that’s nothing compared to what’s next.
Can S.T.U.D. co-host Max get Andie out of there alive? And what will this dangerous trip mean for their reluctant romance?
Back to top.
1. The book begins with Andie and Max’s budding relationship. However, Andrea and Max still have their share of disagreements, as seen throughout the story. What do you think is at the heart of their combative relationship? Do you think Andrea’s pride is to blame? Who’s the most difficult person you’ve ever had to deal with?
2. When Andie first meets Mr. Cruz they have a few disagreements, and she does not completely trust him. However, she soon learns that Mr. Cruz is a good and trustworthy man. Why do you think she did not initially trust him? What do you see in Mr. Cruz that warrants those feelings? Have you ever met someone whom you felt was untrustworthy, but soon found out the opposite?
3. When Mona wants Andie to go to Columbia, Andie is cautious because of her past travel adventures. Do you think Andie was right to go to Columbia despite her uncertainties? Would you have gone?
4. Max is very unwilling to let Andie take a trip to Columbia so easily. What is Andie’s reaction to Max’s concern? What would your reaction be to Max?
5. Andie’s travel to Columbia, car ride to the hotel, and time at the hotel proved to be very eventful. Does this beginning set the tone for the rest of Andie’s trip? Have you ever had a really bad start to any of your travels? How did this affect the rest of your trip?
6. When Max arrives to help Andie out, it seems that his coming has been the plan all along. Andie is frustrated by Max’s alleged “babysitting”. Do you think that Max is justified in coming to help? Would you be frustrated or happy to see Max?
7. Max and Andie’s escape from Dona Rosario brought them to a small farm with some very special people. After seeing the poverty of this farm and town, Andie convinces the US embassy in Columbia to become active in helping this area. Have you ever been inspired to become active in a specific cause? How did you become involved? Why?
8. Andie’s love and concern for Aunty Weeby and Mona is more evident when they are kidnapped. While they are missing, Andie is worried for their safety and questions if she will ever see them again. Have you ever been away from a loved one for a long time? How did that affect your feelings? Did you feel like you grew to love them more?
9. Max breaks down many of Andie’s reservations about entering a relationship, and helps her to increase her trust in him. As they enter into a relationship, do you think Andie will have trouble trusting Max? Have you ever had reservations about entering into a relationship? Why?
10. Faith in God is a prevalent theme throughout the book. Andie learns to trust God for Aunt Weeby and Mona’s rescue, in getting herself out of a sticky situation, and in her relationship with Max. How do you see yourself having faith and trusting in God on a regular basis? Do you find it hard to live out faith everyday? Why?
© Copyright 2017 by Ginny Aiken. Reprinted with permission by Revell. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.