A STEAL OF A DEAL
Shop-Til-U-Drop, Book Two
About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
It Was Supposed to Be a Simple Trip...
When gemologist Andie Adams gets a chance to go to the Kashmir region of Pakistan for a mission trip, she jumps at the opportunity to spearhead the efforts. But her boss at the S.T.U.D. home shopping network wants to turn the trip into another on-location shoot for the station. And that means Andie's hunky but irritating co-host Max is part of the deal --- can't a girl get a break?
When a mysterious death lands Andie and Co. in hot water, it's only the beginning of their problems. Between Pakistani prisons, suspicious gurus, and tension in the S.T.U.D. family, this trip is turning into a disaster.
Will all of Andie's worst fears about Max be realized? Does she really want the know-nothing pretty boy out of her life? Or is it already out of her hands?
Back to top.
1. Andrea states at the beginning of the story that she does not separate her faith from the rest of her life. How does that influence her interactions with the other characters?
2. What is motivating Andrea to go on the mission trip to Kashmir? Is it the same thing that’s motivating Mona and Aunt Weeby to go?
3. Andrea’s mission trip to Kashmir gets off to a rocky start. How do the different members of the mission team handle this situation? What does that show about their relationship or lack of relationship with God?
4. Andrea comes away from the meeting with the missionaries in Kashmir with a different feeling then when she first arrived. How has her attitude about the mission trip changed? Does her outlook seem more positive or negative? Have you ever been impressed by the needs of someone overseas? What have you done to try to help?
5. Andrea and Max have their share of disagreements. What do you think is at the heart of their combative relationship?
6. Andrea’s mission team has their share of interesting experiences in Kashmir, from the food, to the culture, to the transportation, to the murder investigations. What do you think is the most interesting thing they encounter culturally?
7. The mission group’s experience at the orphanage has a deep impact on Andrea. How do you think it changes her? Have you ever had an experience helping others less fortunate than yourself? How did it change you?
8. Having faith in God in the midst of difficult or scary situations is a pervading theme throughout the book. How does Andrea’s faith help her through the difficulties she faces once she’s back home? Have you ever faced a particularly difficult time in your life? How did your faith help you through?
9. Near the end of the story, Andrea falsely accuses Max of something he didn’t do. Have you ever falsely accused someone or been falsely accused yourself? How did you handle it?
10. Glory is willing to go to any length to secure the lifestyle she desires. How do her decisions affect those around her throughout the story? How do they ultimately affect her? Have you ever made a reckless decision that had a damaging affect? How did you handle the after-effects of it?
© Copyright 2017 by Ginny Aiken. Reprinted with permission by Revell. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.