PRICED TO MOVE: Shop-Til-U-Drop, Book 1
About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
Stunning jewels, endless shopping, exotic travelówhat girl could resist?
Gemologist Andrea Adams is suffering a bad case of burnout. When the stress of her job in the New York Diamond District starts to catch up with her, she decides to swap the noise of the Big Apple for the peace of Louisville, Kentucky. With an expert knowledge of everything shiny, Andrea joins the Shop-Til-U-Drop TV shopping network as their jewelry host, only to find that the S.T.U.D. network has more than one stud. Her new co-host is one cute hunk. But things arenít as clear as a 2-carat diamond -- and one of Andreaís colleagues is not as innocent as everyone thinks. Top it all off with exotic travel and lots and lots of rubies, and youíve got a story no woman can resist!
Visit http://www.ginnyaikenwrites.com/Contests to enter to win a 1.0 carat rubyólike the one featured in Priced to Move. Limited time offer.
Back to top.
1. Andie makes a sudden (and scary) life change. Have you ever had to do something drastic to get out of a rut or save your health or a relationship? What did you do and do you think you made the right decision?
2. Andie is a little skeptical about doing the jewelry show for Mona and Aunt Weeby, but she finally caves --- only to find that itís a bigger disaster than even she could have imagined. Apparently the sparks flying between Andie and Max are igniting sales and viewers love it. Should Andie continue to subject herself to this person for the sake of the show? Or should she be more concerned about her own sanity?
3. Before his untimely death, Mr. Pak was delivering two things to Andie --- and invitation and a present --- both of which were unexpected. Have you ever gotten a gift you would rather have done without? What was it and why didnít you want it?
4. Andie and some people on the S.T.U.D. network take a leap of faith and head into a little-known country with a hostile government. Do you think they are being foolhardy? Or are they brave to go against danger to show the world some wondrous stones? Would you have gone?
5. Andie is increasingly irritated by Max, but Max seems to be trying to learn a little about gems to please her. Is she being too hard on him? Have you ever not wanted someone to change because you were so used to griping about them that having them improve themselves would give you less to complain about? Be honest!
6. Andie and her companions barely escape some dangerous situations in Myanmar. When have you been in a scary situation? Was it hard to trust God to make everything turn out?
7. The workers in the Myanmar mine were constantly exposed to dangerous working conditions and the threat of death --- all to get a few handfuls of stones for wealthy people in the Western world to wear. What do you think of this situation?
8. Andieís problems donít cease when she gets home. Suspicious stuff is going on that might be related to Mr. Pakís murder. Andie isnít sure who to suspect or who to trust. Who do you think is causing all of this mayhem? What is his or her motive?
9. The bottom line in the case of the missing rubies is greed. When have you wanted something you couldnít have? What did you do?
10. What do you think will happen between Andie and Max? Do you think there might be a future romance waiting there?
© Copyright 2017 by Ginny Aiken. Reprinted with permission by Revell. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.