THE POWER OF AN ORDINARY LIFE
Tyndale House Publishers
About the Book
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
Harvey Hook touches on the legacy each one of us hopes to leave. Hook explores the concept of redemptive action --- how each of us can impact the world around us. He uses true-life stories of people in ordinary life who were plunged into remarkable circumstances and achieved extraordinary things. Using both stories that are current and historical --- stories of younger and older people alike -- this book will appeal to a wide range of people. From these stories, the author derives insights and truths to help others apply themselves to make a difference in this world.
Back to top.
1. What are the “possibilities within” that you want to discover?
2. Where does God fit in to your equation to “change the world”?
3. Write down one “little thing” in your life that is keeping you from reaching your potential.
4. Write down one “big thing” you would like to do that you have not yet attempted.
5. What do you want others to say about you after you’re gone?
6. What will you do today to make a difference in your world?
7. What is your calling?
8. If you were to complete this phrase, how would you do it: “I have a dream…”?
9. What activity do you do in your life where you know God is in the midst and you feel God is pleased?
10. How is your (or do you want your) purpose in life to be reflected in your career?
11. What role does love play in your life’s mission?
12. Write down three meaningful things in life that you have done and that have been fun.
13. What would your life be like if you simply followed the example of Jesus?
14. What are your top three groups of abilities?
15. How do your goals reflect your heartfelt passions?
16. What spiritual piece of your life will live on in the live of others after you are gone?
17. Write the epitaph you want on your grave stone.
These are but a sampling of some of the thought provoking, life changing questions that are asked by Harvey Hook in his book The Power of an Ordinary Life.
This book will challenge you and will focus you towards the goal of redemptive action --- which is a Christ-based approach to living. It centers on the question: “what can you give of yourself to help redeem the lives of others?”
© Copyright 2017 by Harvey Hook. Reprinted with permission by Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.