Tyndale House Publishers
Read an Excerpt
About the Book
In preparation for their long-awaited wedding day, Dayne and Katy are determined to keep the ceremony a secret from the paparazzi. Their relationship grows closer and stronger as they plan together, but in the end it takes the help of the Baxter family and many of the CKT kids so that they’ll even have a chance at a private wedding. John Baxter is thrilled that his oldest son will be settling down a few miles away, but he isn’t sure how any of his kids will handle a situation he can no longer run from --- the feelings he is having for his friend Elaine. In the meantime, the Flanigan family is struggling with their young boarder, Cody Coleman, Jim Flanigan’s star receiver. After an alcohol overdose, Cody fights for his life. Only God’s grace and a miracle can bring him back from the brink of death --- physically and spiritually.
Back to top.
Use these questions for individual reflection or for discussion with a book club or other small group.
1. What does a sunrise represent to you? Tell about a time when you got up early enough to watch a sunrise.
2. What area in your life could use a new beginning? What steps would you need to take to get that new beginning started?
3. Describe Katy’s new approach to the press. What was at the root of her ideas?
4. What did Dayne think about opening their lives to the public? As their wedding neared, what were Dayne’s fears about being publicly open with their lives?
5. Many Hollywood couples have fallen victim to the tabloids and wound up divorced. What advice would you give Katy and Dayne as they begin their married life in a very public way?
6. What do you think causes real Hollywood marriages to receive so much scrutiny? What ultimately breaks up these marriages?
7. What concerns does Katy have about Christian Kids Theater? Have you ever been part of something good, something of God, and then watched it fall apart or close down? Describe that situation.
8. Can you understand Rhonda’s feelings of discontent around Katy --- especially in Katy’s time of happiness? Explain how Rhonda is feeling.
9. Have you ever been jealous of a friend who seems to have everything all together? What typically comes of this jealousy?
10. What did you learn about Dayne through his playacting on the stage with Katy?
11. In what ways do you try to incorporate laughter and fun into your relationships --- especially your relationship with your spouse?
12. Have you planned a wedding --- yours or someone else’s? What things are crucial to making the day come off the way you hoped?
13. Katy will need to make sacrifices in order to live alongside Dayne in his very public life. What are a few of those sacrifices?
14. What are sacrifices you’ve made on behalf of your spouse? How were those sacrifices received by the person you love?
15. After reading SUNRISE, you know that Katy has been offered a leading role in Dayne’s upcoming movie. In your opinion, what problems could come from this?
© Copyright 2017 by Karen Kingsbury. Reprinted with permission by Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.
Click here now to buy this book from Amazon.com.